First Code Academy
(Updated on October 5, 2018)
By enrolling into programs offered through First Code Academy Limited and any of its related companies or subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “First Code”), the customer acknowledges and agrees to our Terms and Conditions as specified below:
- Enrollment in First Code courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine student's suitability to enroll in lessons.
- First Code reserves the right to refuse the admission of any student who, in its opinion, does not meet the minimum requirement for courses and/or may impact the learning of other students' at the center.
- First Code reserves the right to discontinue a student's enrollment at any time due to non-payment of tuition in part or in full, disruptive behavior in class or at the center, or negative impact on other students' learning.
- Confirmation of the student's specific class placement/enrollment is only confirmed once the student has completed registration on our online system.
- First Code reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a student’s enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- First Code reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. First Code is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to First Code’s assessment and course availability.
- Students must settle all course fees 2 weeks before course commencement (ie. For Fall Term 2016 that starts on September 2, all course fees must be settled by August 19). First Code reserves the right to withdraw or preclude the student from attending class if student had not settled the course fee.
- All tuition fees are calculated according to the published rates in the current brochure and website or the latest published amendment, if any.
- Tuition encompases a package of a certain number of class/hour as indicated on First Code webpage (www.firstcodeacademy.com). Therefore, no pro rata payment will be accepted.
- Tuition must be paid online at the time of registration. Cheques or bank transfer are only accepted if a First Code representative confirms registration and provides the bank account number.
- Tuitions are non-refundable once the student's placement has been confirmed.
Withdrawals, Refunds, Cancellations, and Make-up Class
- We do not provide refunds of course fees, except in the event that the student’s application for enrollment is not accepted, course applied is cancelled, or class withdrawals.
- In the event that First Code offers a revised arrangement for cancelled courses, students have the right to decline the arrangements offered and choose to receive a refund on a pro-rata basis of the course fee collected as soon as possible and in any event no later than one month after the notification date of the course cancellation.
- We will inform the parent/student of refund arrangements either by phone or in writing (e-mail).
- Customers must fill in their refund details provided by First Code by email. No refunds can be made without the necessary details containing all indicated information.
- We will issue a refund receipt to the parent/student and parent/student are required to sign to acknowledge receipt of the refunded payment.
- First Code reserves the right to change the price and offer promotions at any time to respond to market. No refund for any promotion codes missed. Also, Promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
- Refunds for credit card payment will be issued back to the credit card. For other forms of payment such as cash or cheque, a cheque will be the form of the refund. For credit card payment that requests a cheque refund, a 5% service fee will be deducted.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, First Code will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will be cancelled if Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal or above is issued or expected to be issued 2 hours before classes start. First Code will notify the parents if classes will be cancelled.
- For the younger Junior (Age 4-5) students, classes will be cancelled if Typhoon 3 or above, or RED rainstorm signal or above is issued or expected to be issued 2 hours before classes start. First Code will notify the parents if classes will be cancelled.
- Parents should pay attention to the news and weather reports and exercise discretion in deciding whether or not to send their children to class.
- For regular term classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, First Code will try to accommodate with make up lessons with no guarantee.
Withdrawals or Rebooking
- Proper notice must be given for course withdrawal. Notice should be given three weeks or more prior to the start of the course. All withdrawals will be charged HK$150 for administration. First Code holds all rights in refunds, reschedules, and cancellations.
- Any change of course location, course type, or start date after initial enrollment will result in a rebooking fee of HK$150. First Code will hold all rights in refunds, reschedules, and cancellations.
Make-up Class Arrangements
- Students may join another class of their same level if the class is not full (of 8 students) and if the two classes have the same curriculum progression.
- Alternatively, students can explore Co-learning Hours.
- Co-learning Hours are only for term classes, meaning First Code’s weekly program. In the event of dispute, First Code Academy holds the rights to the final decision.
- All Co-learning Hours quota needs to be taken during the same term the class is missed and cannot be carried forward to another term. Outstanding quota is forfeited after the last day of the term.
- It is the parent's responsibility to inform First Code (by registering on firstcodeacademy.com) before the start of the class in the event of absence.
- Walk-in to Co-learning Hours is not accepted.
- First Code does not accommodate rescheduling or Co-learning Hours request for notifications given less than 24 hours prior to the lesson or after lesson.
- Co-learning Hours is a self-guided session where students are given a lesson handout. Experienced instructors are on site to facilitate if students have any question. The whole period last for 60 minutes.
- A maximum of 2 Co-learning Hours quota is provided per 9-week to 10-week term, or 3 quota is provided per 14-week term.
- Co-learning Hours are subject to limited seats on a first-come first-serve basis. If the session is full, students can join next week’s session.
First Code reserves the right to make any changes to the program including curriculum, class size, class time, number of classes. This may be to the customer’s advantage or disadvantage.
Regular Term Courses
- Course curriculum may or may not include a guest speaker who will give a sharing during class time
- For withdrawals, cancellations, refunds, and make-up class, please refer to the appropriate section above.
- First Code does not offer any make-up classes or refunds for missed classes for holiday camps
- In the event of instructor absence, First Code will notify the student of any class rescheduling.
- All Semi-private and private lessons must be paid 2 weeks beforehand in order for us to accommodate your private scheduling.
- Missed lesson(s) by the student are non-refundable and non-transferable. It is the parent's responsibility to contact First Code team (email@example.com) to schedule lessons and notify First Code of any rescheduling.
- In the event of tutor absence, the tutor will notify parent/student of lesson rescheduling or First Code will notify parent/student as soon as First Code is notified by the tutor. Other than rescheduling lesson due to illness, the tutor will provide 48 hours' notice or will reschedule lesson. If lesson cannot be rescheduled, the missed lesson will not be charged.
- Parents and guardians are solely responsible for the safety of the students before and after class.
- In case of serious accidents when immediate medical care is required, children will be sent to the nearest hospital. By accepting First Code’s terms and conditions, you have given us your consent for us to do so.
Photography and Film Material
- By accepting First Code’s terms and conditions, the participant accepts that First Code freely can use all photography, film and sound material that has been created by First Code and/or First Code’s staff during the program, without asking further approval from the participant. First Code reserves all rights to images and footages.
- First Code reserves the right to use the applicant/student's work for promotional or educational purposes.
- The consent regarding photography and film material may be withdrawn at anytime with prior written notice to First Code.
- If you do not wish for your child(ren) to be in marketing/editorial material, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liability and Force Majeure
First Code will not be liable in cases where First Code is unable to fulfill any services to which they are contractually bound because of fire, natural disaster, act of government, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or other reasons that are beyond First Code’s control. First Code will not be liable for loss, damage, or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, save where the liability is expressly imposed beyond exclusion by statute.These conditions do not affect your rights as defined by the consumer protection laws in your host country.
Your personal data will be processed by First Code both within and outside 香港, primarily for the purpose of completing your booking, providing you with the products and services that you have booked. We may also inform you of new offers, products and services which may be of interest to you (including by e-mail and SMS), and you may cancel such information at any time. First Code processes your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation. If you have questions about First Code’s processing of your personal data, would like to have a copy of the information First Code holds about you, or have inaccurate personal data rectified or erased, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Parents/students agree not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by First Code without the prior written consent of First Code.
- Parents/students are not permitted to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed by First Code.
- Parents are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for students to and from First Code premises. First Code does not require students to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises.